Blogging is just not the act of combining words into sentences to later form paragraphs that sort of makes sense. It is rather the art of building content that is not only entertaining but factual and useful to the end user. If you are a blogger already below are things you could be doing wrong. If you are new to blogging bookmark this page, as you’ll need the following tips:
Almost 50% of readers want a 2 second load time, so ensure you use optimized images that don’t delay the page load time. Apply speed optimization techniques (your host should be able to help there) but, more importantly, pick up a hosting company that delivers both in terms of server speed and reliability. The servers of the best web hosts load pages for under a second and have an uptime of 99.9%
The title of a blog will either build the anticipation or the readers or kill their impetus to read. Create an ideal blog post title that is captivating and related to the article within 60 characters. Use H2 tags or H3 as preferred on subheadings; never use H1 tags.
- Titles that have 6 to 13 words receive the highest amount of traffic.
- On Twitter, the headlines that are about 8 to 12 words get shared the most.
- If Facebook is your preferred social marketing site, write headlines within 12 to 14 words.
Once your title attracts the reader, the introduction will determine whether you will keep their attention. Have short and comprehensive introductions that give a brief intro of the main article points.
The ideal introduction is 150 characters.
The article’s length plays a key role in Google rankings. According to Google surveys, the top article search results are articles between 2014 and 2036 words. More words create the necessary detail and authority on the subject discussed.
The ideal image density should be every 350 words. Expect a 94% increase in reader rate if you use images within your blogs.
Latest posts by Rena (see all)
- Life In A Small Town Pt. 14 - September 14, 2018
- A List Of WordPress Shortcodes That Will Save You LOADS Of Time - September 9, 2018
- September’s Secret Subject Swap - September 7, 2018