The struggle is real! Coming up with compelling content is not always as easy as it seems and sometimes it’s downright impossible! If you’re a content creator you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Recently, I came across a whole new way of coming up with new content & it’s as fun as your favorite card game! Introducing:
The Blog Inspiration Deck by Renae Gregoire from INeedCopy.com & BlogPostInspiration.com has completely changed the way we can create content that will have readers flocking from miles around to gobble up your content gold!
This Blog Inspiration Deck comes with 60 cards in a deck and an ebook to show you exactly the best way to come up with blog post inspiration, but today I’m going to show you exactly how it works & how to get your very own set!
This would also make a terrific Christmas present for the blogger in your life!
Creativity, once nurtured, tends to grow like a weed, so you may want to keep a notebook or journal to record your ideas and inspirations. I keep a spreadsheet called “Blog Post Ideas,” which I open each time an idea for a blog
post comes to mind. On the sheet, I collect images, URL’s, quotes, and anything else that inspires me and that I think will inspire or help my audience. Spreadsheet, journal, notebook…the format doesn’t matter. What does matter is being prepared to capture the ideas that will come to you as you use The Blog Post Inspiration Deck.
I believe each of us is creative; sometimes it takes but a spark of inspiration to set that creativity on fire!
Qoute By Renae Gregoire
The first thing you do is to separate the cards into three piles.
TYPE | TOPIC | VIBE
After separating the piles you want to pick a card from each of the three piles. You will then have three stacks of 20 cards.
The first “TYPE” is the different type of posts such as (20 INCLUDED):
- Behind The Scenes Post – With the behind-the-scenes post, give your tribe a peek at what makes you tick, or what it takes to bring your products or talents to the world.
- Challenge Post – Could be either a post that challenges your audience or a challenge your audience might face.
- Cheat Sheet Post – Recaps or summarizes instructions or information.
- Checklist Post – Helps people move through a process while “checking off” items on a list.
- How-To Post – Tell or show your tribe how to do something you know they want to do.
The second group “TOPIC” is pretty self-explanatory (20 INCLUDED):
- A Hairy Best Your Customer Faces – A major problem your prospects & customers face.
- A Bit Of Industry News – What’s your favorite industry news source, check that source and scan the latest topics.
- A Bit Of Practical Advice – What is something that you regularly tell prospects or customers to make their results or life better?
- A Common Mistake – What common mistakes plague your prospects or customers?
- A Current Event – An event in your neighborhood, or an event worldwide that is big news to your prospects or customers.
The last group “VIBE” describes the feel of the blog post (20 INCLUDED).
- How you feel when creating the post.
- The spirit you wish people to feel while or after reading the post.
- An underlying theme of the post.
- The topic of the post itself.
- Abundance – A copious supply or quantity; overflowing.
- Balance – A state of equilibrium; a harmonious arrangement or adjustment; a just proportion.
- Buoyancy – The quality of floating in or on; relative lightness; light-heartedness; cheerfulness; elasticity or spirit.
- Compassion – Is suffering with another; a feeling of sorrow or pity awakened by the sufferings or misfortunes of another.
- Courage – The quality of mind that enables one to encounter danger and difficulties with firmness, or without fear of depression of spirits; valor; boldness; daring resolution.
You would then pick one card from each pile for example:
My three were:
TOPIC= A COMMON MISTAKE
What could you come up with for this in your own niche? Give me an example in the comments below. For me, I could create a post about how surprised I am by the number of people who never back their sites up. I could create a post where I review how to successfully back up your website or I could even create a list of common mistakes that I see new bloggers make.
See how easy that was?!? Plus it’s also really fun!
Do you want your very own Blog Inspiration Deck? You can order your very own set or even as a gift right here!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase the product or service listed above I will earn a small commission that will in no way affect your cost.
We should be used to it by now, every few months Facebook & Instagram find other ways for them to make more money and that has our reach shrinking faster than a $3 shirt from Walmart. They can’t stop a Russian from interfering in our election process but they can sure as hell drop your page likes like a hot potato fresh out of the oven!
Listen, FB knows it, we know it, hell even the kids down the street know it. Even with all of the turmoil, they cause somehow they are still the best marketing game in town. Even with the changes, they are making and there are many it’s still easier and more cost-efficient to run FB ads over any other kind of ad. It just is. There are 2.27 billion (That’s a Billion with a capital ‘B’) and 75% of us log in every single day!
So what are these big changes you ask? Well, let me count the ways…
- The desktop FB feed is getting a total overhaul. There will be an algorithms update sometime in the Fall of 2019.
- Organic Targeting improves your ability to increase your organic reach on FB pages.
- Comments & shares will become more valuable and a heart will be worth more than a like.
- Organic reach will depend on relevancy and quality.
- The more engagement=the more reach.
- On FB mobile feeds you will only allow 3 lines of text & smaller image sizes.
- On Instagram, likes and video counts are going away. Lower interactions and the new social proof is catching one’s interest.
- Removing low-quality posts, the explorer feature or low-quality hashtags.
- Comments will become more important.
So what can you do, the small business owner, that will keep your business in the green & keep you from seeing red when you’re FB or Instagram reach grows smaller and smaller.
- Don’t waste money boosting posts.
- Have a sales funnel in place.
You have to do seven things:
- Grab attention.
- Acknowledge pain point.
- Encourage immediate attention with a great value offer (39% of users will interact with what they see as a good value.
- Maker yourself relevant– Build that know & trust factor.
- Build relationships.
- Capture as little information as possible (Name & email).
- Nurture your future clients.
- Your email list is your most IMPORTANT ASSET!
- Close the sale.
- Follow through and up with.
So what’s the takeaway from all of this information? You can’t beat it and you should probably join them because let’s face it FB ain’t going away any time soon.
Are You Tired Of Looking A The Same Old Tired Website?
When you visit other websites are you green with envy?
I get it! I love color, all colors, and when I come across a pretty new color palette or an amazing font comes across my desk I start designing in my mind automatically and before I know it I’m putting the changes on my own sites or those of my clients.
I’m going to tell you a secret…
I can trust you, right?
I don’t always practice what I preach! SSHHHHH! Don’t tell anyone, but I struggle with branding because I get bored so easily. You’ve heard me and a whole lot of other experts tell you that consistent branding is necessary for brand recognition, but nobody tells you that IT’S SO DAMN HARD!!!
I’m constantly experimenting and if I could spend my days making graphics I would. That’s my favorite thing in the whole world! Speaking of…Did you know my DIY BLOGGING/TRAVEL site WanderingWebDesigner is having a grand opening sale and now until Jul 31st you can get 30 custom graphics for $30!!! That is a hell of a deal 50% off of the regular price! Better hurry though this amazing offer ends 7-31-19. If you looking for web design tips, travel recommendations, or your just trying to figure it all out by yourself then this is the site for you!
Anyway, back to branding. I get bored easily so changing out designs for graphics or website graphics seems like a necessity to keep my business looking fresh and user-friendly. I love pretty pictures (can you tell) so whenever something catches my eye I have to have it. I have a fabulous subscription to Styled Stock Society where I get all of my images exclusively for this site. I pay a small fee once a year and every month I get so excited to see the new images in the library and there’s no limit. As you can see I’m a huge fan of the flat lay desktops.
The best place to find professional images, videos or music for your website or social media is Shutterstock. You’ll find anything you’re looking for from foodies to fashion. You can use free sites like Pixabay or Unsplash, but free doesn’t always cut it when you need to create consistent & professional branding. As a special gift to you, they are going to give you a 10% discount just for being a loyal reader! Use this link and bump your game up!
Best professional stock images on the market.
Choosing the right imagery & graphics is just as important, if not more important than copywriting, color palettes & font choices. When creating a brand you want your ideal customer to feel a certain type of way when they see your content. Let’s face it, today’s world moves at warp speed and we need to keep up. People no longer read, they visualize and scan so having the right imagery is really the only way we have to stand out and grab attention.
For example, I want my clients here on The Blogging 911 to feel confident & empowered. The way I accomplish this is by connecting the technology to run their businesses and setting up system automation to save time & money while giving their clients & customers great user experience. I work with mostly females because I love what I do so much & I want you to love what you do just as much. It’s life-changing. For me to be a success you need to be successful.
So, Why Is It The Perfect Time For A Re-Design You Ask?
Because when you purchase our design or branding package you don’t just get a fresh, modern look. You get the full experience where you’re in the driver’s seat to your own destiny. Right now, I’m throwing in a lot of Summer bonuses that don’t normally come with the design/branding package.
- A full video tutorial teaching you how to use your new site + a Skype session to answer any additional questions. ($150 value)
- You know that you’re building on one of the best website frameworks on the market thrown in at NO EXTRA COST! ($60.00 Value)
- Your choice of child themes from StudioPress from my theme library (A $49.99 to $149.99 Value).
- Things like SSL Certificates are always included. Provided by Bluehost.
- You also get one full year membership to the website maintenance plan ($149.99 value) so that you can use your new website knowing that someone is there to help, to answer your questions, to keep the site updated and backed up. To hold your hand through the whole process for A WHOLE YEAR!!! Who does that?!?
It’s like having an insurance policy for your website!
You won’t have to:
- Worry about conflicting plugins.
- Worry about backing up your site.
- Worry about updating WordPress.
- Worry about backing up your theme.
- Worry about backing up your plugins.
- Worry about optimizing your database on a monthly basis.
- Worry about running a monthly malware scan twice a month.
If you’re new to WordPress you will receive a detailed video explaining the various parts of your new website and best practices when it comes to using it. Even if you’ve used WordPress you might like to watch it and maybe find out things that you didn’t know.
Another reason now is a great time for a redesign is because we’re in the Summer Slumps, those few months every Summer where people have nothing on their minds but spending time with family & friends, enjoying vacations, or just lounging by the pool! Get ready for the busy holiday seasons now. Create a plan from publishing new content to creating a sales funnel, email sequence or setting up a shopping cart & Facebook ads.
I only work with one client at a time so that I can give them a 100% personal service. So you better hurry, spots fill up fast! A re-design is more cost-efficient than a build because the foundation is already there which means it costs less & takes less time than a standard web design/branding package. Turn around is generally 2 weeks instead of the 4 to 6 weeks it takes to build out from scratch.
Pageviews always decrease during the Summer months.
Which means it’s a perfect time to freshen up that website, dust off the cobwebs, add a much-needed enhancement, upgrade your website security, or just move things around. It’s the perfect time to put a content marketing plan in place.
I’d love to talk to you about your ideas, dreams or wishes! Need something other than web design? Need to connect analytics or maybe set up an email sequence? Check out the shop over at WanderingWebDesigner.com
Right now I’m offering a web design/branding package for over half off the usual pricing! This is for established websites only.
Get a consistent, beautiful new look that will be shared across all platforms.
Have you been dreaming of carving out a brand for your products or services that will turn sales on autopilot!
You better hurry!
I don’t know how long I can afford to keep this pricing!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase I will earn a small commission. It will in no way affect your pricing.
Are you so frustrated with the results of your email marketing campaign that you’re ready to throw in the towel? Don’t worry about it – we’ve all been there. Email marketing seems like a simple way to boost sales.
And it can be, provided that you can get your subscriber to open the email in the first place. After all, it doesn’t matter how great your marketing message is if no one ever reads it, does it?
In the busy world that we live in, you need to time the email perfectly so that they get it when they have time to open it. Is there any point in sending it through late on Friday afternoon when everyone’s getting ready to go home, for example?
Security awareness training is another thing that you’ll have to consider when crafting your email. Many companies have software that allows them to remove any suspicious messages and spam before they get delivered to their servers.
There are a good few more, but these will be dealt with in the EveryCloud infographic that we’ve published below. You’ll learn:
· Why email marketing is still the best thing since sliced bread
· How people use emails and whether or not they view them on their mobile phones
· What might make people consider your email spam
· When the best spending times are
· And a whole lot of other interesting facts
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase their services I will earn a small commission that will in no way affect your pricing.
Most of you probably already know that when you are trying to promote your business you will likely need more than one tool to schedule content. I use a combination of free and paid tools to get my message in front of the right people.
Today, that just got a little easier with Tailwind. If you haven’t heard of Tailwind or think it’s just not for me you should take another look. Tailwind specializes in only two platforms: Instagram & Pinterest which just happen to be my favorite of all of them.
Tailwind saves so much time by allowing you to schedule in bulk. It automatically optimizes your Pinterest and Instagram schedules based on when your audience is most engaged. Saving you both time & money. Not only is it a remarkable scheduling tool it also has some awesome analytics because let’s face it, you also need to know what’s working and what isn’t.
Tailwind for Instagram automatically suggests the best hashtag for your posts! This is so helpful because if you’re on Instagram you know exactly how important hashtags are. If that wasn’t terrific all on its own they’ve recently gone one step further. You can now put those hashtags in the first comment right inside of Tailwind! What?!?
Here’s how it works:
- Hop over to your Tailwind account and upload your post, drop in your caption and then type the # symbol to get predictive hashtag suggestions.
- Click to choose or add frequently used hashtags from your list.
- Check the box to move those comments from your caption to your 1st comment.
- Click “add to queue” to automatically schedule your post for the best time.
This is like scheduling on steroids! If you post to Instagram often you know how hard it is to come up with relevant hashtags. Do you find yourself making them up as you go along because you just don’t know what they are? Now, you don’t have to know Tailwind has this info built right in. It simply doesn’t get much better than this!
Pinterest & Instagram are quickly becoming the standout platforms for 2019. Loss of trust in Facebook and frustration at not being put in front of your tribe has people leaving in droves. Where are they going? Instagram & Pinterest!
Schedule like a pro with Tailwind! Want to give it a try? HERE YOU GO!
If there’s one thing we know about goals, they have to be SMART, right?
After all, that’s what we’ve been told for years. The only thing that matters is that your goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.
While that looks great on paper—and clearly it’s easy to remember—it doesn’t go far enough for those who want to achieve big things.
Think about it. Do you want to be stuck with “attainable” and “realistic” goals when what you really dream about is a 3-day workweek, frequent international travel, and enough money to fund a mission trip (or three)? Seems pretty clear that those safe, smart goals aren’t going to get you there.
In fact, they might even do worse than simply “not get you there.” They may actively hold you back.
Consider what happens when you set an “attainable” goal of earning 10% more than you did last year. You might work 10% more. You might spend 10% more on ads or product creation. You might even reach out to 10% more potential clients.
And you’ll likely earn about 10% more.
“Not bad!” you say. After all, that was your goal.
But did that 10% goal inspire you to work harder? Or did it create a subconscious ceiling on your earning potential that you’re unable to break through?
Rather than focusing on goals that are attainable and realistic, savvy entrepreneurs know that the key to incredible success lies in creating lofty goals that feel out of reach—maybe even UN-attainable.
They don’t strive to earn 10% more than last year. They want 50% or even 100% more. They stretch themselves. They find new—and better—ways to do things, so they don’t have to work twice as hard, but they remain open to the possibility of doing so—at least in the short term—when it’s necessary.
Of course, you cannot simply declare crazy goals and expect the universe to hand them to you. And that’s exactly why putting aside those smart goals is so…smart. When you shun the attainable in favor of the “holy cow, how will I ever do THAT?” goal, you push yourself beyond those self-imposed limits and reach for the stars.
Sure, you might not double your income, but you’re almost guaranteed to do better than a mere 10% increase. So push your boundaries. Set big, audacious goals. Even if you fail, you’ll be much further ahead than those smart goals would leave you.