We should be used to it by now, every few months Facebook & Instagram find other ways for them to make more money and that has our reach shrinking faster than a $3 shirt from Walmart. They can’t stop a Russian from interfering in our election process but they can sure as hell drop your page likes like a hot potato fresh out of the oven!
Listen, FB knows it, we know it, hell even the kids down the street know it. Even with all of the turmoil, they cause somehow they are still the best marketing game in town. Even with the changes, they are making and there are many it’s still easier and more cost-efficient to run FB ads over any other kind of ad. It just is. There are 2.27 billion (That’s a Billion with a capital ‘B’) and 75% of us log in every single day!
So what are these big changes you ask? Well, let me count the ways…
- The desktop FB feed is getting a total overhaul. There will be an algorithms update sometime in the Fall of 2019.
- Organic Targeting improves your ability to increase your organic reach on FB pages.
- Comments & shares will become more valuable and a heart will be worth more than a like.
- Organic reach will depend on relevancy and quality.
- The more engagement=the more reach.
- On FB mobile feeds you will only allow 3 lines of text & smaller image sizes.
- On Instagram, likes and video counts are going away. Lower interactions and the new social proof is catching one’s interest.
- Removing low-quality posts, the explorer feature or low-quality hashtags.
- Comments will become more important.
So what can you do, the small business owner, that will keep your business in the green & keep you from seeing red when you’re FB or Instagram reach grows smaller and smaller.
- Don’t waste money boosting posts.
- Have a sales funnel in place.
You have to do seven things:
- Grab attention.
- Acknowledge pain point.
- Encourage immediate attention with a great value offer (39% of users will interact with what they see as a good value.
- Maker yourself relevant– Build that know & trust factor.
- Build relationships.
- Capture as little information as possible (Name & email).
- Nurture your future clients.
- Your email list is your most IMPORTANT ASSET!
- Close the sale.
- Follow through and up with.
So what’s the takeaway from all of this information? You can’t beat it and you should probably join them because let’s face it FB ain’t going away any time soon.
- 2 Step Verification: Why You Need It & How To Get It - October 18, 2020
- The Ultimate Resource Guide & Planner To Improve Or Create Your SEO Strategy Plan - October 11, 2020
- 10 Blogging Mistakes to Avoid in 2021 - October 4, 2020