Do you remember the very first social media platform that you ever signed up for? What was it Facebook, Twitter, or maybe MySpace? What was it that made you sign up for it? Why did you decide to put yourself out there in that particular venue?
Could it be that our personalities guide us in ways we may not understand or even recognize? How we interact with other people. How we feel about social situations. Whether your an introvert or an extrovert. All of this makes us who we are and how we decide to express ourselves outwardly.
The great thing is that even though we may gravitate toward one or the other because of our personal preferences and feelings about our roles in the social community we still drive the ship and ultimately can choose for ourselves.
In my opinion, the person who loves to be out among people, who loves to socialize would head towards Facebook. On Facebook you can find your tribe, hell you can find a hundred different tribes.
You get to peek into your communities front window, into the company living room, and see everyone from your very first boyfriend to the plumber who also coaches little league and sits behind you at Sunday Service. It’s definitely an extrovert’s playground.
Now, Twitter I think would be for someone who is both an extrovert and an introvert. Someone who is socially anxious, but doesn’t want to be. Someone who fights it tooth and nail, but can only do it in small doses, like 140 characters! No need to get too personal.
Instagram is also a social game even though you certainly can’t engage easily. Still, if you’re going to post pictures you generally have to do things, to do things you need to be out and about. So, chances are you’re not avoiding social situations like the plague.
Pinterest is an introvert’s dream! A beautiful world of color and excitement without having to talk to another living soul. You can go off in any direction that catches your eye without making any kind of personal commitment.
You can choose to stand back and watch by pinning things to your board. You can even become a pin hoarder with 200 boards and 9M pins, or you could really live it up, step out of your comfort zone, and create your very own pins.
Whichever way you lean it’s nice to live in a world where you can have a virtual coffee with a friend in London, lunch in Canada, & dinner in Australia. It’s made the world a little smaller in both good ways and bad, but I see it as an amazing, incredible invention that has literally opened up the world.
HERE ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA & THE INTERNET
- Brandwatch.com states that there are more than 7.4 billion people in the world and 3.17 billion use the internet. Just to put it into perspective, according to Statista.com, EVERY SINGLE MINUTE we Americans use 18, 260, 840 megabytes of wireless data.
- There are 2.34 billion people on social media and EVERY SINGLE MINUTE 2,430,555 posts are liked on Instagram.
- There are 1 Million new active social mobile users added every EVERY SINGLE DAY. That’s 12 per second.
- There are 1.71 billion users on Facebook, 320 million Tweeters, 400 million people turn to Instagram for their daily fix, and there are one hundred million Pinterest users.
- On WordPress, there are 56 million blog posts published EVERY SINGLE MONTH.
- The top three content marketing tactics are blogging (65%), social media (64%), and case-studies (64%)
- US adults spend on average 1 hour, 16 minutes EVERY SINGLE DAY watching video or digital devices.
- Google processes about 100 billion searches EVERY SINGLE MONTH.
- There are approximately 81 million fake Facebook profiles.
- According to AdWeek.com we will spend approximately 5.4 years on social media in our lifetimes and they’ve broken it down even further by stating that YouTube is the biggest time suck at 1.10 years, followed by Facebook at 1.7 years, Snapchat is next at 1.2 years, while Instagram is merely 8 months followed by Twitter at only 18 days! I told you it was all about the 140 characters! Check out the cool infographic they’ve created breaking it all down. Just click on the link above.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little look into stats behind social media & the internet. What’s your favorite social media platform and what did you think about those numbers?!? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below!
DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE’S THE BLOGGING 911 PRIVATE FACEBOOK COMMUNITY WHERE YOU CAN ASK QUESTIONS AND GET THOSE MUST HAVE ANSWERS TO ALL OF YOUR BLOGGING QUESTIONS!
#wordpress is my wine
Latest posts by Rena (see all)
- Life In A Small Town – Use Your Words - July 14, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Jetpack & Even Some You Don’t! - July 10, 2017
- What A Difference A Year Makes! Secret Subject Swap - July 7, 2017