If you’re a business owner or blogger then you probably know what SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is & why it’s important to the success of your website. It doesn’t have to be so mysterious. You can put a plan in place to improve not only your SEO but also your pageviews and your Domain Authority (DA).
What is Domain Authority (DA)
DA is a search engine ranking score developed by MOZ that predicts how well a website will rank on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). They range from 1 to 100 the higher the number the greater the ability to rank. Want to check yours? Go here!
So, how can you improve all of these things? Well, I’m about to drop some knowledge on you!
5 Tips To Improve Your SEO, DA & increase traffic and pageviews
Page freshness –
Dates do matter and it’s beginning to count for even more. I’m sure that you’ve searched for something started reading about it only to find out that what your reading was from a decade ago and is no longer relevant. It drives me crazy & Google doesn’t like it either. I include the date in my breadcrumbs at the top of every post.
In layman’s terms, an internal link is one that points to another page on the same website.
These type of links are useful for three reasons:
- They allow users to navigate a website.
- They help establish information hierarchy for the given website.
- They help spread link equity (ranking power) around websites.
- Use keywords in your titles.
- Use the year in the title (also signals freshness).
- Use a headline analyzer tool like this FREE ONE!
Use Post Hierarchy
- Make content easy to read by breaking the text up into small chunks. Short sentences, short paragraphs.
- Use the <H1>-<H6> tags purposefully. Break up large chunks of text with bold and italics to make it even easier to read.
Filling Out Your Yoast Keyword Block Completely-
Filling out the keyword block completely on every single post with your Yoast plugin is the best thing you can do to build a good SEO strategy. Depending on your theme it can look differently from site to site. I have a couple of examples here:
This first one from my Wandering Web Designer website and on here it asks for my “FOCUS KEYPHRASE“. For this post, it was 101 Travel Tips.
In this example, I edit the snippet which is the small amount of context that shows when you share on social media and search pages.
Either way, this should be filled out completely. On both examples, you can also turn on “Cornerstone Content” which are posts that are your core messages. It consists of the best, most important articles on your site; the pages or posts you want to rank highest in the search engines. … Cornerstone content can be either a blog post or a page.
With a little bit of planning and a couple of extra steps, you can create your own SEO plan.
- Meet Kelly McKenzie, This Month’s Woman In Biz! - April 5, 2020
- 35 WordPress Hacks That Will ROCK Your World - March 29, 2020
- Everything You Need To Know Before You Use That Stock Image - March 22, 2020