Last week, I told you how to protect your Google Analytics from being hacked. If you haven’t read that post you can find it here. Today, I’m going to show you how to set up goals to measure things like how many people visit a page, how long they stay on a page, how many pages they look at, and even if how many people watch a certain video.
There are lots of things you can do with your Google Analytics you just have to set things up first. One of the most informative is setting up goals. Have you ever wondered how many people go to a certain page or watch a certain video? Just about anything can be measured.
The first step after signing into your Google Analytics account is to click on the admin tab. Look on the right until you see the word Goals and click on it. Once inside the goals work area click on +New Goal. Choose Template and click Continue.
Now it’s time to name your goal. You can name it anything you’d like but remember if you set up multiple goals you want to be able to tell them apart. Once your goal is named you will then number it from one to twenty in the drop down menu.
Next, you want to choose your goal type:
- Destination – A page you would like to have measured. Click continue and enter the URL of the page you want to have measured.
- Duration – The amount of time that a person stays on a page. Click continue and enter the amount of time.
- Page/Screen per session – a number of pages that someone visits
- Event conditions – Measure the amount of traffic that watches a certain video or something similar. Set one or more conditions to be met. Such as category: video, action: downloaded, label: Mary’s Wedding.
Once you’ve entered all of the pertinent information click the save button and you have created your first goal.
Latest posts by Rena (see all)
- Clever Emergency Fund Solutions To Keep You From Becoming Homeless - September 22, 2019
- You Need To Start Investing ASAP & Here’s Why - September 15, 2019
- One Month With EngageBay & Here Is How It’s Going + A Big Bonus For You! - September 8, 2019